We invite young people from Germany, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland and Romania to take part in the youth exchange “Let’s dance together to overcome social and cultural barriers!” and to reflect together how to overcome existing in society barriers and stereotypes using creative methods. During the week participants will have the chance to take part in different workshops and discussions and to experience different dance methods, such as communicative dance games, performances, contact improvisation and Flash mob.
Aims of the project are to
- Develop common strategies how to overcome social and cultural barriers in own surroundings
- Promote tolerance and interculturality
- Reflect own role and engagement in community
- Learn how to use some creative methods to start intercultural dialogue
When: 14-21 September 2014 (Arrival on 14.09. until 7PM; Departure 21.09. after breakfast)
Where: Baia Mare (Romania)
Who can apply?
This project is ideal for you if:
- You are older than 18
- Are registered in Germany, Poland, Romania, Ukraine or Belarus
- Can communicate in English
- You are interested in the topic of interculturality and overcoming social and cultural barriers
- Are motivated in changing your environment
- Are ready to dance a lot
Deadline for application: 20.08.2014
During the seminar, we reimburse the costs for travel up until 275,- € max., provide accommodation and meals. There is no obligatory fee for participants, but a small contribution is welcome if you have the chance.
Contact and further information
If you have any questions about the project, please contact Alevtina Snihir (Project coordination – Germany)
mail to: alevtina.snihir[at]initiative-moe.de
The project is created in cooperation of the Initiative Mittel- und Osteuropa (InMOE) e.V. with Casa de Cultura Permanenta (Romania), GFPS-Polska (Poland), Foundations for Freedom (Ukraine) and New Faces (Belarus).
This project is funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme. ”